School uniform guidelines
For children in Reception to Year 6 the uniform is:
- Rushy Meadow purple sweatshirt / cardigan with logo (Bromley schoolwear)
- White polo shirt
- Grey or black trousers
- Grey knee length skirt or tunic
- Summer term – purple and white dresses and short-sleeved shirts/blouses, grey or black smart shorts
- Black school shoes/black trainers –must be completely black [no coloured/white logos or coloured laces]. The more they look like a shoe the better
PE kit should be worn to school on the class PE days, (see year group pages).
- White T shirt with sleeves [no vest tops please]
- Black shorts
- Black plimsolls or black trainers
- Plain black jogging bottoms for the winter (no logos or stripes)
Hair ties, Jewellery and Nail Varnish
Please note that our primary responsibility is for the safety and learning of all of our pupils. We therefore do not allow the wearing of items that present a risk to children's safety or cause distraction to learning.
- Jewellery must not be worn to school. We cannot be responsible for lost or damaged items of jewellery
- Ear piercings Children with pierced ears may only wear small studs, which must either be removed for PE, or will be covered with tape. Hooped or large earrings are not allowed and no other piercings are permitted
- Long hair must be tied back out of children's eyes. Hair should be tied with either a plain black or purple hair tie, band, clip or scrunchie.
- Hair bows or accessories must not be worn to school
- Hairstyles must be plain, with no dyed or shaved patterns. Hair gel may be used to keep hair tidy, but not for fashion styling as this is inappropriate
- Nail varnish and make up must not be worn in school
Please note that parents will be reminded of these expectations and children will be asked to remove items that do not conform with our uniform policy. These will be returned to the child/parent at the end of the day.
- Please note that where a hijab or headscarf is worn for a religious or cultural reason, these should be either purple or black and should not have loose ties hanging outside of the uniform.
- Please make sure your child brings appropriate outdoor clothing, for example, a coat, anorak or mac
- A hat is useful on hot days!
- Book bags are available from Bromley Schoolwear for £6.50
- Please provide a named water bottle for your child each day
- Please label your children’s clothes with their name, either with indelible ink, iron on name tags or a sown in name tags
Our uniform supplier is:
51 High Street
Please note that any questions about our school uniform expectations should be addressed to the Headteacher.
Second hand uniform - for all second hand uniform enquiries please speak to the office staff.