We are committed to nurturing children’s curiosity and creativity through an inspiring, broad and engaging curriculum. Everyday children are challenged and encouraged to be independent learner’s, to be resilient and aspirational, so that they all reach their full potential.
We provide opportunities for children to experience a sense of achievement through sport, music and creative arts. We aim to instil a passion for leaning that will empower them to become successful and to make positive contributions to the local community and beyond.
We follow the statutory National curriculum 2014, which provides pupils with an introduction to the essential knowledge that they need to be educated citizens.
- Provide children with knowledge and skills to become confident individuals, independent learners and responsible citizens
- Prepare children for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life
- Provide real life experiences and contexts
- Celebrate the multi-cultural diversity
- Allow and encourage personalised learning
- Nurture the whole child
- Provide spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
Our Foundation Stage curriculum (applies to Nursery and Reception children)
This comprises of seven areas of learning:
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
Throughout EYFS children are supported to learn through play, which encourages independent learning. Children are well prepared for their transition into Year 1.
Organisation of the Curriculum
As we are part of the Cirrus Primary Academy Trust, we work closely together to reflect, review and develop our curriculum to ensure that it best meets the needs of our children and follows the Cirrus Teaching and Learning model.
Our curriculum is Topic based and includes the teaching of English. Each year group has a half termly topic that is designed to inspire learning. Topics include skills and knowledge from the following curriculum subjects:
- Design and Technology
Mathematics, Computing, PSHE, PE, RE, Music and Modern Foreign Languages are taught discretely and are linked to the Topic when relevant.
Each Topic follows the Teaching and Learning Model and is split into 6 areas. Please see the Cirrus Teaching and Learning Model above as an example.
Below are the yearly curriculum overviews for each year group.