Free School Meals and Pupil Premium entitlement
The Government has introduced the Universal Free School Meals initiative, which means that all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 at state schools in England automatically get free school meals.
If you have a child in Years 3 – 6, you may be eligible to receive free school meals if you have responsibility for a child who attends Rushy Meadow Primary Academy and you are in receipt of one of the following qualifying benefits:
- Income Support
- Job Seeker’s Allowance (income-based)
- Employment Support Allowance (income-related)
- Child Tax Credit, so long as you do not get Working Tax Credit and your family’s annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) is not more than £16,190.
- Anyone receiving Working Tax Credit is not entitled to free school meals regardless of their income.
- You get support under part six of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- You receive the guarantee credit element of Pension Credit.